Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Year of Rereads | Reading With Danielle

So, I used to be the queen of rereads.

That may sound odd, but it was true. Before I started watching booktube, I was such a picky reader that the majority of the stuff I read was rereads. If I couldn't find anything new I wanted to read (and I was so picky that this happened more often then you might think), I would reread Harry Potter or Twilight or Fablehaven. The same happened if I didn't have money for new books. This is the main reason why I've read Harry Potter nine times, Twilight 12+ (don't ask), and Fablehaven five times.

But then, when I discovered book videos on Youtube and subsequently booktube, that all changed. I was suddenly having my eyes opened to all sorts of new books that I would never have even thought to pick up before and I've been loving it ever since.

The thing is, though, that I love to reread books. That's even how I decide whether or not I want to keep a book or get rid of it. I think, will I ever want to reread this and if the answer is yes, then it stays. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't go back and reread my favorite stories. To me, it's like what's even the point? If it meant anything to me I'm going to want to experience it again.

This became something of a problem as my TBR pile grew. I started feeling guilty when I wanted to reread a book since I had so many new ones to read... It's pretty clear at this point that I'll probably never be at the point where I can't find anything new to read so I have to reread something. And because of this I haven't reread a whole lot since the end of 2013. Sure, I've managed a few here and there, but there hasn't been a whole lot.

That's changing this year. I have so many books I want to reread and I'm gonna try to make at least some of them happen. I've actually reread more than I thought I was going to so far this year. So here's a list of the books I have reread this year!

1. The Archived and The Unbound by Victoria Schwab

I actually started my year off with these two, and it was such a good choice! These are my favorites by my favorite author, so it was great.

2. Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya (volumes 1-23)
This is one of my favorite stories ever and I hadn't reread it in, like, six years, so I was happy when I dug these out and read them! This actually didn't effect my TBR pile too much, since I read these when I normally wouldn't be reading at all.

3. Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, & The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
So, I got to go see the Percy Jackson musical back in April and it sent me down a Percy Jackson spiral and I started listening to these bad boys on audiobook! I haven't been able to get my hands on The Battle of the Labyrinth yet, so this reread has been put on pause for a little bit, but I really want to finish it and start rereading Heroes of Olympus!

4. ACOTAR and ACOMAF by Sarah J. Maas
These two were kind of a last minute choice. I actually ran to the library to check out ACOTAR only two days before ACOWAR came out. I blew through these two before going on to the finale, which was definitely the best way to read this series.

5. InuYasha by Rumiko Takahashi (volumes 1-9)
I read the first 19 volumes of this manga years ago and I want to finally finish the series, so I had to reread the beginning first. I'm about to start volumes 10, 11, and 12 soon. I'm hoping to at least be to the end of the rereading portion of the series by the end of the summer.

So, I've reread a lot already this year, and I hope it doesn't stop any time soon. I've been enjoying rereading books so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment