Thursday, July 13, 2017

Booktubeathon TBR | Reading With Danielle

Booktubeathon is coming up and I'm so excited for it! I don't normally do readathons, but I always attempt to do this one every year. And this year, I'll document the experience right here with you guys :)

I'll be mostly updating about the readathon here or on my instagram, so if you want to check it out you totally should!

Lastly, I'd like to say that I really don't know what any of these books are about (oops), so sorry for not describing any of them? Is that a thing I should be doing (lol)? Idk I'm not super familiar with book blogs- I'm more of a booktube-watcher. Also, you could recommend some book blogs for me to read!

And now, on to the seven books I'm going to try to read in seven days!
  • Challenge #1: Read a book with a person on the cover

 For this challenge, I'm going to go with The Painting by Charis Cotter! This is one of the books I got from BookCon this year and there is a lovely picture of a girl on the cover. It looks like a fast read, which is always a plus for a readathon.
  • Challenge #2: Read a hyped book


For this one, I'm going with a book I have owned for close to three years now (if not three years lol), which is Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz. I tried to read this one back when I first bought it (because of booktube!!) and didn't really get into it, but the hype was so wild I couldn't get myself to get rid of the book. So now, after so long, I'm going to attempt to read it!
  • Challenge #3: Finish a book in a day

This is going to be doubled up with Challenge #5 since this book is so tiny. I'm choosing Life is Like a Musical by Tim Federle. This is an ARC that I got at BookCon this year and is less than 150 pages, so I think it should go by super fast and be easy to read in a single day.
  • Challenge #4: Read about a character that is very different from you
This is a tough one to find, since most of the books that I own that could fit the bill are far too big to attempt in this time period. I might double up and could this one for Aristotle and Dante as well, but I'll try to find something else for this one.

 But if I do go with Ari and Dante, the differences are vast:
  1. Ari is Mexican, while I am white.
  2. Ari is gay, while I am not.
  3. Ari is a guy, while I am a girl.
So, it'll be a very different perspective!
  • Challenge #5: Finish a book completely outdoors
Like I said before, I'm doubling up on this challenge with Life is Like a Musical! It'll be easy peasy lemon squeezy to read it outside.
  • Challenge #6: Read a book you bought because of the cover
This might be flubbing this one a little, but I'm going to go with The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett. I was already going to buy this book, but the cover I found on Book Depository is so amazing that I ended up spending a little extra money for this edition. Don't judge me lmao. (Yes, that picture is the cover I own!! It looks so nice in real life!!)
  • Challenge #7: Read seven books
So, if you were counting you will have noticed that I've only picked four books so far... For right now, I'm going to only list six books and leave the seventh as sort of a wild card (lowkey it might just be The Last Olympian so I can finish my reread, but we'll see :p). I might try to make other books count for the two challenges I'm doubling up on, but I won't sweat it if they don't. I'll still be accomplishing them all.

I think one of my other reads will be Mustaches for Maddie by Chad Morris and Shelly Brown, which is yet another ARC I got from BookCon. It feels good to have a plan on when I'm going to get to some of them. (Don't tell anyone, but I still have some from last year that I haven't read yet... oops).

And the last one that I'm going to decide right now is The Balance Keepers: Fires of Calderon by Lindsay Cummings!

And that's all for now, folks! Be sure to check out my Instagram, which is mostly book related though I don't post super frequently. And let me know what you're thinking of reading for the Booktubeathon and it'll be like we're all reading together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment