Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Booktubeathon Days #2 & #3 | Reading With Danielle

I forgot to post yesterday's post until 6 o'clock on day three, so I decided to just combine both days! Enjoy.

DAY TWO

After a very successful day one, I moved on to day two on my third book for the week! I was already 100 pages into the 350 page book that is Aristotle and Dante, which was a nice lead. I had to work in the morning, but by noon I was home and ready to go.
I was a bit nervous for this book, as I tried to read it a few years ago and couldn't really get into it. But it was so hyped that I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. But I found that I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I would have thought! I had a few issues with the writing style (I prefer a bit more description than Saenz provided), but on the whole it was very enjoyable. I can see why everyone hyped it so much.

I finished Ari and Dante by nine at night, so I figured I would get a head start on tomorrow's read. I picked up The Color of Magic and quickly discovered it was not going to be good for a read-a-thon. I still want to read it at some point in the future, but now is not a good idea. So instead, I'm going for Balance Keepers!
I got to 50 page by the end of the night.

Challenges completed today:
Read a book about a character very different from you ✔️ 
Read a hyped book ✔️ 

DAY THREE

On day three, I had work in the morning again so I couldn't get my reading started as early as I would have liked. Still, I worked my way through Balance keepers pretty solidly all day long. I have a nice little system going where I read 50 or so pages, take a break, then read 50 more. It helps me to not feel burnt out at all or tired of reading since it doesn't feel like that's the only thing I've done today.

I ended up spending the whole day reading this in bits and finished it by 8:30. It was a pretty solid book, though it's definitely not my favorite read of the week.

I decided to pick a new "read a book that you bought for the cover" book since I chose not to read The Color of Magic anymore. I ended up picking Starters by Lissa Price.
I saw this book in the bookstore for the first time probably four or five years ago now and the cover has always stuck with me. I don't know why, but I think it's absolutely stunning. I finally bought a copy of the book this summer and I have completely forgotten what it's about, so it was really just for the cover.

By the end of the night, I ended up not reading any of Starters, but it's ready to go for tomorrow. I'm still a book ahead, which is fantastic. I didn't complete any challenges, but I'm ahead on that too, so it's okay.

Check out my instagram for my Booktubeathon pictures! I'm documenting my reading there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment